HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
- Senior Pastors, together with their churches, who are interested in becoming members of TCN, need to make contact with the TCN Regional Leader of their area. The Senior Pastor needs to become involved in a TCN Regional group. Our TCN office can assist in referring the Pastor to the Regional Leader nearest to where he lives.
2. Membership application
- This requires a time of committed attendance in the Regional Group.
- Once the Regional Leader is satisfied with the commitment of the Pastor and after he and his leadership have agreed to our Statement of Faith, Values and Constitution, the Regional Leader shall recommend to the Provincial Leader that the Pastor be given an Application Form to complete.
N.B. The Regional Leader will go through the Constitution with the Pastor and his Leaders (if necessary), but a copy of the Constitution will only be given to him once he is a member of TCN.
- The Pastor will receive the Application Form from the Provincial Leader, complete it and return it to the Provincial Leader, who will forward it to the TCN office.
- As soon as the TCN office receives the completed Application Form, the Pastor will become a member on probation. The probation period is usually about 4 months.
- As soon as the Pastor completes the Application Form he will begin contributing the monthly financial pledge he has made on the Application Form. During this probation period, the TCN office will monitor the Pastor to see whether he honours his pledge on a regular basis. Receipts are issued quarterly.
4. Full member
- Once the Provincial Leader is satisfied with the progress the Pastor has made in terms of his commitment to TCN, he will request the TCN office to make the Pastor a full member of TCN. Before this happens, the TCN office will confirm that the Pastor is honouring his financial commitment to TCN. Thereafter the TCN office will write a letter to confirm that the Pastor has become a member of TCN, of which a copy will be sent to both his Regional and Provincial Leaders. He will also be offered a Membership certificate should he desire one.
5. Some membership benefits
- The TCN Constitution will be given, on request, to the new member.
- Assistance will be given when applying for the following:
o To have the Marriage Licence transferred to TCN.
o To become a Marriage Officer (minimum of 8 months).
o For a PBO (Public Benefit Organisation) number with SARS for Tax Exemption.